Here’s a fresh batch of regulatory bloopers:
- In Michigan, it is legal to kill ducks during hunting season, but not to scare them.
- In Pateros, Washington, it is illegal for dogs to be nuisances.
- Massage parlors are illegal in well-named Horneytown, North Carolina.
- In Salem, West Virginia, it is illegal to eat candy if you’re going to church in the next 90 minutes.
- In Maine, it is illegal to walk on any street with untied shoelaces.
- In New Britain, Connecticut, fire trucks on their way to a fire may not go faster than 25 mph.
- In Brooklyn, New York, it is against the law for horses to sleep in bathtubs.
- In South Dakota, it is illegal to fall asleep inside a cheese factory.