It’s year-end list season, so here are this year’s ten most popular posts:
- Regulation of the Day 221: Miniature Golf Courses
Federal mini golf policy is surprisingly detailed.
- Regulation of the Day 212: Locating Your Newsstand
New York City newsstand shut down for being located 4 inches too close to the curb.
- Hurricane Sandy Begins
Probably only made the list because of the awesome picture.
- Regulation of the Day 91: Horse Floaters
Rent-seeking veterinarians use regulation to put a long-time competitor out of business.
- Stubbs for Mayor
Fifteen years ago, a tail-less kitten named Stubbs was elected mayor of an Alaskan town. He’s still in office, and doing a fine job.
- Lessons in Entrepreneurship: Lemonade Stand Edition
Regulators continue to shut down kids’ lemonade stands, despite inevitable bad publicity.
- A Rational View of the Presidency
Short writeup of Gene Healy’s excellent new e-book, False Idol.
- Regulation of the Day 223: Fred Flintstone Cars
German auto engineer makes replica Fred Flintstone car; regulators forbid him to drive it.
- Regulation of the Day 129: Droves of Animals on Streets
Under DC law, it is perfectly legal to herd cattle down K Street and Pennsylvania Avenue — if you follow certain old-timey regulations.
- Regulation of the Day 150: Toy Guns
8-year old boy suspended from school for two years for bringing a toy gun to school.