Here are this year’s ten most popular posts:
1. Fuzzy Math on Foreign Aid Shows Why Spending Cuts Are Difficult
People overestimate government spending on things they don’t like, and underestimate it on what they do like.
2. Obama’s Libya Speech Summarized in One Sentence
“I have decided to repeat George Bush’s mistakes.”
3. Here’s to You, Doug Rogers
Wish I never had to write this. Doug was a good friend who passed away.
4. Regulation of the Day 178: Helping Tornado Victims
A man was escorted out of town by police for helping people clean up after a tornado. He wasn’t licensed to work within city limits.
5. Department of Redundancy Department
The government has several of them.
6. Interesting Correlation
Countries where kids live with their parents longer tend to have more government debt.
7. 140 New Regulations in Florida
There are some doozies.
8. Regulation of the Day 135: Mustache Nets
Facial hair is regulated in the restaurant industry.
9. Regulation of the Day 91: Horse Floaters
One example of how regulations can deny people their right to earn an honest living.
10. Regulation of the Day 163: Switchblades
Maine proposes legalizing switchblades — but only for people with one arm.